How to apply for Deferred Action (DACA)?


USCIS is now accepting applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Entrants (DACA) as of August 15, 2012.

In order to apply, you need to consider and/or submit the following:

  • Strongly consider hiring or discussing your eligibility with a qualified immigration attorney;
  • Submit a check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" for $465;
  • Two (2) Passport Photos;
  • Carefully complete forms G-28 (with attorney submissions*), I-821D, I-765, and I-765WS;
  • Educational (or Armed Forces) Requirements:
  • School- proof of current enrollment, graduation or completion, OR
  • GED (General Educational Development) - proof of certification or current enrollment, OR
  • Evidence that you are enrolled in an education, literacy, or career training program (including vocational training) designed to lead to placement in postsecondary education, job training, or employment and where you are working toward such placement, OR
  • Evidence of English as a Second Language (ESL) programs will qualify if the program is intended and designed for your placement in postsecondary education, job training, or employment, OR
  • Military information;
  • Evidence that you have been in the United States for 5 years:
  • School records, cell phone bills, medical records, doctor's bills, school transcripts, rent receipts, utility bills, employment records, bank records, church docs, parental information, taxes, paystubs, W-2's, 1099's, money order receipts, children's birth certificates, passport entries, letters between you and another person or organization, title and vehicle registration, DMV records, rental agreements, postmarked letters, receipts, and any other relevant documentation;
  • Were born after 6/15/81- Biographical page of passport OR other ID document such as a translated Birth Certificate;
  • Are aged 15 or older right now. If younger than 15, you can still apply if you are now in immigration court or have ever been previously;
  • Any proof you entered the U.S. without inspection before 6/15/12 or you were out of status by 6/15/12;
  • Any proof you arrived in U.S. before the age of 16 (passports, visa or immigration docs, travel records, school records, hospital, medical, any official records, anything with name and date);
  • Any proof you have continuously resided in the U.S. since 6/15/07 up to the present time and were physically present in the United States on 6/15/12;
  • Any documentation about any criminal or traffic convictions or citations, if you have any;
  • You cannot have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety (For more on criminal disqualifiers, click here).
  • If ever in immigration court or apprehended by Immigration, those documents;
  • Only had brief departures from the United States since June 15, 2007 or no departures at all.

Ricky Malik, Esq.

Contact me now at or toll free 877-577-VISA [8472]

*Attorney representation requires the use of a Form G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance which places a double notice requirement on USCIS to send all correspondence to BOTH applicant and attorney doubly ensuring important mail, appointment and approval notices reach you.

This post is not intended as legal advice and you should not rely on it as a basis for you application.