• Empowering Lives,
    Connecting Continents
    Ricky Malik, P.C., Where Immigration Finds its Solution.
  • Get to Know Us
    Our firm is committed to helping you navigate immigration law.
  • Cases We Handle
    We handle a wide variety of cases. Learn more about them today!

    Virginia Immigration Lawyer

    Dream act, Dreamers, Heydi Mejia, student, deferred action, immigration, work permit, work, authorization, dhs, ins, uscis

    The Law Offices of Ricky Malik, P.C. - Serving Businesses and Individuals find Immigration Solutions. We represent clients all over the United States and the World.

    Our offices are located in Virginia and Maryland. Our Attorneys have extensive experience with removal (deportation) proceedings, criminal immigration, asylum immigration, NACARA based immigration, u-visas, and many more immigration related matters. If you are located in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area, rest assure the answer to all your immigration problems are just around the corner.

    The Law Offices of Ricky Malik, P.C. is well-known and highly respected by the Virginia Immigration attorneys. Our knowledge of the Virginia, Maryland, DC and Pennsylvania immigration and criminal courts gives us a significant advantage over other local Virginia immigration attorneys. Who better to handle your local Virginia immigration matters than our reputable Virginia immigration lawyers?

    Family Based Immigration

     Family based immigration is becoming a U.S. permanent resident through certain family relations. Normally, a U.S. citizen (USC) or legal permanent resident (LPR) would file an immigration petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS) (formerly known as the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)). This USC or LPR is called the Sponsor. The alien relative for whom the immigration petition is filed is called the Beneficiary.

    Our Virginia immigration attorneys handle all types of family based immigration and visa petitions including the I-130, I-485, K3, K1 (fiancé visa) and family based green cards. Call for information about the National Visa Center, the I-864 (affidavit of support) and the DS-230 (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration). You don't need to live in Virginia for us to handle your immigration case.

    Employment Based Immigration

    Paula Godoy, Ricky Malik, deportation, removal, hope, best immigration attorney, great, top, immigration lawyer

    The United States welcomes thousands of foreign workers in multiple occupations or employment categories every year. These include artists, researchers, cultural exchange participants, information technology specialists, religious workers, investors, scientists, athletes, nurses, agricultural workers and others. All foreign workers must obtain permission to work legally in the United States. Each employment category for admission has different requirements, conditions and authorized periods of stay. It is important that you adhere to the terms of your immigration application or petition for admission and visa. Any violation can result in removal or denial of re-entry into the United States.

    Temporary (Non-immigrant) Worker

    A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Non-immigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their nonimmigrant visa was issued.

    Permanent (Immigrant) Worker

    A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.

    Students and Exchange Visitors

    Students and exchange visitors may, under certain circumstances, be allowed to work in the United States. They must obtain permission from an authorized official at their school. The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors.

    Information for Employers & Employees

    Employers must verify that an individual whom they plan to employ or continue to employ in the United States is authorized to accept employment in the United States. Individuals, such as those who have been admitted as permanent residents, granted immigration asylum or refugee status, or admitted in work-related non-immigrant classifications, may have employment authorization as a direct result of their immigration status. Other aliens may need to apply individually for employment authorization.

    Temporary Visitors For Business

    To visit the United States for business purposes you will need to obtain a visa as a temporary visitor for business (B-1 visa), unless you qualify for admission without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. For more information on the topics above, select the category related to your situation to the left.

    Continue Reading Read Less

    Meet Our Team

    • Ricky  Malik, Esq. Photo
      Ricky Malik, Esq. Attorney
      Mr. Malik has always been a tireless advocate for the rights of immigrants in the United States, and has aggressively and relentlessly advocated on behalf of countless businesses and individuals.

      Contact Ricky Malik, P.C. Today!

      A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

      • Please enter your first name.
      • Please enter your last name.
      • Please enter your phone number.
        This isn't a valid phone number.
      • Please enter your email address.
        This isn't a valid email address.
      • Please make a selection.
      • Please enter a message.
      • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy