B-1 vs. H-1B/H-3


B-1 in Lieu of H-1B or H-3

Foreign nationals who would ordinarily be granted H-1B or H-3 (training) status may be admitted with B-1 visas provided that they are paid from abroad. For a B-1 in lieu of H-1B visa, the foreign national must present proof that he or she will remain employed by his or her overseas firm. A person in B-1 in lieu of H-1B status may provide local services for a limited time.

Note, it is essential that the remuneration or source of income for services performed in the United States continue to be provided by the business entity located abroad

Ricky Malik, Esq.

Attorney at Law